Garage Heater Installation & Service in Edmonton
Winters in Edmonton can be harsh, but you don’t have to start your day by walking into a cold garage. A garage heater can make the temperature in your garage or workshop more comfortable, and winter a little more bearable. Always Plumbing & Heating carries a variety of natural gas garage heaters for you to choose from so you don’t have to sit in your cold vehicle rubbing your hands together and breathing on them to warm up.
Why You Should Heat Your Garage
Your vehicle might not have snow piled up on it, but you might want to consider how a garage heater can make your garage even more useful because you can:
- Reduce discomfort for people when using your vehicle on cold winter mornings.
- Curb the idling, carbon monoxide (CO) risk, and stress on your vehicle.
- Use your garage or work space, even during the coldest periods of winter.
- Store household items, beverages, or even plants in your heated garage.
- Improve safety by getting rid of space heaters.
The Difference Between Natural Gas & Electric Garage Heaters
Natural gas garage heaters are energy efficient and powerful! Some models, such as the Reznor 45,000 BTU garage heater, generate a lot of heat! A natural gas option can be attached to an existing line if you have one or be run by propane, so they’ll keep on heating the space without power. Keep in mind that the installation of this option is permanent and ventilation may be required to operate natural gas heaters safely.
Electric garage heaters are quite simple and quick to install, all you need is a 240V outlet. They are also portable when you need them to be. These garage heaters are quieter to run than natural gas options and the cost of its operation is included right in your electric bill. Keep in mind that electric models may cost more to operate over time and are not as energy efficient as natural gas.
That’s why we carry two of the most reliable brands in the industry: Hot Dawg® and Reznor® natural gas models.
Garage Heater Brands We Carry
Always Plumbing & Heating is proud to carry Hot Dawg® and Reznor® garage heaters. If you need to discuss which one might be the best to use in your garage or shop, talk to us and we will be glad to give you some guidance.
Modine – Hot Dawg® Power Vented Model
With models that can pump out 30,000-120,000 BTU of heat, Hot Dawg® garage heaters have options for residential, commercial, or industrial spaces. We carry the Hot Dawg® Power Vented model.
Features of Modine Hot Dawg® Garage Heaters
- Made in the USA.
- Certified for residential, commercial, or industrial applications.
- Extremely quiet operation.
- A permanently lubricated motor makes these units durable and dependable with a 10-year warranty on the heat exchanger.
- Can run on natural gas or propane.
- Easy and quick installation because units are power-vented and lightweight.
- Simplified wall or roof venting (1″ from ceiling) with smaller pipes.
- Right or left-handed controls available based on your needs.
- Improved safety with fan guards coming standard on all units.
- Model is available in standard grey, green, or special edition black colours.
Reznor Comp Edge UDAP & UDAS Models
Reznor has been on the cutting-edge of heating technology for over 125 years and they prove this even today with their V3® garage heater with the Tcore2® combustion system. We carry Reznor UDAP & UDAS models.
Features of Reznor® Garage Heaters
- Made to international safety standards and design certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
- Available in various sizes to meet your particular space requirements.
- External connections available for natural gas or propane.
- Improved safety because these models run on a spark igniter with no standing pilot light.
- Controlled by a separate thermostat.
- Extremely quiet operation.
- Energy efficient (82-83% thermal efficient).
- Titanium stabilized heat exchangers are corrosion-resistant and made from aluminized steel.
- Power vented to increase the energy efficiency of the unit.
- Separated combustion saves installation time and along with horizontal or vertical flue venting options help the efficiency of the unit and keeps the air in your space cleaner.
- Single, one-piece burner assembly.
- Integrated circuit board with LED diagnostic indicator light on the unit.
Always Plumbing and Heating can give you back your garage or workspace with a Hot Dawg® or Reznor® garage heater. We also have a selection of thermostats for your unit from Nest, ecobee, Honeywell, and White Rogers, to make sure you’re getting the maximum benefits of comfort and energy efficiency from your heating unit.
Take advantage of the expertise of Always Plumbing & Heating and call us today at 780-489-8118 to talk to us about your options and schedule your garage heater service.