Hard Water Problems? Check For These Signs:
- Have you noticed a foul odour coming from your faucet?
- Does your water have an unpleasant taste to it?
- Do you find you have a low water pressure problem?
- Are you noticing limescale residue on kitchenware?
Alberta is known among Canadian provinces to have particularly hard water, and even more so in the winter. Hard water consists of extra calcium and magnesium and can cause some problems in your home, such as scale deposits and buildup in pipes and appliances. These deposits can affect the quality of your appliances, causing them to break down before they should. Hard water can also cause dry skin and eczema.
If you are concerned about the state of your water, a skilled plumber in Edmonton can help. With professional training and the right equipment, you water will be tested for hardness. Your plumber may then make suitable recommendations on a water softening system based on your needs and budget.
Benefits of Purchasing a Water Softener from Your Local Plumbers
A water softener contains resin beads. As hard water makes its way through the resin, a procedure known as ion exchange, the hard water ions swap with soft water ions on the resin beads, creating soft water. A water softener that uses less salt and less water can help the environment as a whole.
Here’s why you should consider purchasing a water softener:
- According to The Water Quality Association, installing a water softener in your home can reduce your water-heating energy usage by up to 24%. It can also reduce the amount of detergent you use for washing your clothes and dishes by 50% to 75%.
- No calcium buildup means longer lasting water-using appliances.
- You can reduce your home’s carbon footprint, which is comparable to removing one SUV from the roads every year.
- Your fabrics will be softer and brighter, and will last longer too!
- You won’t have to wash your silverware and glassware twice to rid them of water marks and soap film. They will be cleaner and shinier with every wash.
- Your hair and skin will look and feel smoother and cleaner.
- You will be eliminating water chlorination, bacterial contamination and/or iron staining.
Always Plumbing & Heating, Alberta’s leading plumbing and heating company, can calculate the right size water softener for your needs. We will help you choose a softener that is certified and can perform to the highest standards. Our installers will also advise you on using the right salt for optimal results. Our team of experts will help you properly set up your water softener to regenerate before your resin tank is fully consumed. This will ensure you benefit from salt efficiency and enjoy soft water for a longer period of time.