Due to COVID 19, we have instituted additional health and safety measures to ensure the safety of our clients & staff. Read the full article
Jan 18, 2016
Cash Saving Tip: Low Flush Toilets
They say the average person will spend 18 months of their life in the washroom. From grooming to taking care of business, that is a lot of hours, and usually a lot of water being used. Changing your routine and using less water can be tricky, but there a few simple choices you can make to reduce the amount of water you and your family use each year. Using a toothbrush timer, installing efficient showerheads and faucets are inexpensive options. Low flush toilets are another highly effective way to make your bathrooms more eco-friendly and efficient.
Advantages of Low Flush Toilets
We all know saving water is a good choice, for ourselves and the planet. However, it can be hard to understand the impact a few simple changes can make. Here are a few of the benefits of low flush toilets:
- Reduce Your Environmental Impact – With growing discussion about climate change and sustainability, people around the world are looking for ways to make their homes and lifestyles more environmentally friendly. Starting with water consumption, a natural resource that is vital for our survival, is a great way to reduce your impact on the planet. Low flush toilets are an easy change to make because they don’t require any habit adjustments. An upfront cost and installation will allow you to save water for years to come.
- Lower Monthly Bills – Plain and simple, low flush toilets can save you money. In addition to reducing the size of your environmental impact, they will also reduce the size of your monthly bill, since flushing counts for approximately 30% of the average household’s water consumption.
By the numbers:
- Gallons Per Flush –A regular toilet uses an average of 3.6 gallons with each flush. Conventional low flush models use 1.6 gallons. Our supreme model uses 1.28 gallons of water. With our low flush toilets, you are saving 2.32 gallons of water every time you flush the toilet, compared to the standard 2 gallon savings on conventional models.
- Gallons Per Month – The average family of 4 will use 2,256 gallons of water per month, just by flushing their toilet. With our low flush toilets, you will use only 800 gallons of water per month. That is almost 1500 gallons of waste water that does not have to be treated every 4 week. That amounts to a lot of saved energy and a lot less strain on the environment.
- Dollars Saved Per Year – You will be saving water and money with a low flush toilet. To put things into perspective, the amount of money your family saves to flush the toilet will decrease by by nearly 70 percent annually. This is money that you can spend on something better than waste.
Always Plumbing & Heating can help you create a more sustainable and affordable bathroom with low flush toilets. Our team of plumbers in Edmonton can help you install low flush toilets or deal with any plumbing concerns. We offer a range of services, from plumbing to heating, emergency plumbing services and furnace repairs. If you face a plumbing concern, contact us in Edmonton today. Give us a call at 780-489-8118 or contact us online.